TWO RIVERS HUNTING CLUB 2018-2019 RULES AND REGULATIONS
EFFECTIVE: May 1, 2018
A membership includes spouse, domestic partner, children or grandchildren less than 18 years of age (or still in school). Minors under age of 16 years must remain in the members company at all times. A minor 16 years of age or older may be placed alone on a stand within adjacent plot of member, if the minor has passed the HUNTERS SAFETY COURSE and furnishes a copy of his/her certificate of completion of HUNTER SAFETY COURSE. All minors under age of 18 must be sponsored by a club member adult.
- No member shall have the authority to give a nonmember permission to hunt on CLUB LAND. All members and their guest must comply with all state and federal laws while present on club property, including any and all rules and regulations promulgated by the club and/or the lease. Prior to hunting, all members must supply their current hunting license number in the log
- There will be no trespassing or hunting on private property. Member will be brought before the board for breaking this rule.
- There will be zero tolerance for any acts of violence or threats between individuals on club property. (Subject to expulsion)
- Un-sportsman like conduct or slander (verbal, written or posted online) of “Two Rivers Hunting Club”, its members, or board members, may result in fines or expulsion from club. Any issues should be given to board members only!!! The issues will be addressed accordingly. Subject to deliberation by the club board of directors. The yearly membership renewal is subject to the discretion of the “Board” annually. Any action that will jeopardize the lease will not be
- There will not be any road hunting on Paardeberg Timber Inc. & Timbervest maintained roads from a motor vehicle, 3 or 4-wheeler, chair or ground blind at any time. There will be absolutely no hunting along the road between the front gate and the camp/sign-in area. Violations of these rules are subject to the deliberation by the board of directors for imposition of fines, suspension, expulsion, etc.… Any hunting from the road must be done from a stand at least 8 feet
- The club shall not be held responsible for accidents or injuries sustained by a member or guest while on club
- Dogs on club property should be on a leash and under the owner’s complete control at all times while at the camp site and sign in
- From October 1st through May 1st, target practicing is allowed only between the hours of 10:00am and 2:00 pm. Any member who intends to use the range while someone is hunting the area should ensure that they know the exact location of the hunter in the area and should not shoot toward said hunter. Between hunting seasons, target practice is allowed at any time. The target range is located under the power lines west of Tram
- Club membership dues will be $1450.00 per membership with a maximum of 65 full time New members will pay an additional $100.00 their first year. Camp Sites / Tent Sites will be $50.00 each. Dues are to be paid in full by April 20th of each year. A $300.00 deposit is required to hold the membership position in the club and is due by the Membership meeting of each year. This deposit is nonrefundable.
- Two Rivers Hunting Club recommends that everyone wear snake boots and safety.
- All gates must be shut and locked after passing through them.
- ALL Members are responsible for keeping camping areas and lease property clean. Members must remove all trash (including cans and bottles) the same day the trash is brought onto the
- A $25.00 FINE WILL BE ACCESSED TO ANY MEMBER CAUGHT LEAVING THEIR TRASH IN AND AROUND SHOOTING HOUSES, FOOD PLOTS OR COMMON AREAS. MULTIPLE OFFENCES MAY RESULT IN
- No cutting or damaging of any planted pine tree or its roots. This is grounds for immediate
- Any deer remains from butchering will be placed at a location designated by the board of trustees. No guts are allowed to be dumped in any of the creeks per Paardeberg Timber Inc. & Timbervest
- Each member will be required to work (3) full work days doing tasks such as helping with planting, maintaining huts, and trimming roads. Two plots will be assigned to you and accounts for 2 of your work days. There will be a
$125.00 fine for each workday missed AND/OR UNCOMPLETED ASSIGNMENTS. All workday assignments will be inspected. Your fine/fines will have to be paid before utilizing the hunting club property. A schedule of available work days will be sent to all members. The workday weekends will be the last 2 in August and all 4 in September unless you are notified otherwise. Any individual with health issues should speak to a Board Member. If you have any conflict with this time frame, feel free to contact a board member.
- The club board of directors must approve any compensation for services rendered BEFORE the services are done or else the club will require no compensation be
- All members have the ability to submit suggestions, questions, or grievances to the Board. This will be facilitated by writing down the suggestion, question, or grievances and submitting them to a Board Member. The Board Member will bring the submission before the other Board Members for consideration and
MOTOR VEHICLE USE:
- There will be no motorcycles allowed. All ATV’S and vehicles must stay on club NAMED roads unless retrieving game. Responsible driving is mandatory at all times.
- Club members are limited to 2 guests per day in addition to family members to ride ATV’s and UTV’s. A $25.00 guest fee will apply. All guests must sign a release form. Recreational riding guests are only permitted during non-hunting seasons. Any child under the age of 16 years old, are required to wear a helmet while riding motorized vehicle such as 4-wheeler, or seat belts in UTV’s, and must be accompanied by a member at all Member is responsible for guest and enforcement of guest rules. Infraction of rules could be subject to a fine.
- No driving of any type of vehicle within 100 yards of a food plot unless retrieving game or Fine $25.00.
- Do not block any roadways except access to food plot you are
- NO UNNECESSARY DRIVING on club roads during squirrel, deer, and turkey seasons.
- NO casual or joy riding will be permitted on Perdido & Styx Loop roads until May 1st. Please be courteous to the turkey hunters as these roads are typically turkey hot
- Only paying members may bring a
- Guest hunting & ATV/UTV fees will be $25.00 a day. All guests must sign a release form. All fees must be paid before hunting. Guest fee envelopes will be available at the sign-in board and a secure box will be used for deposing fees. Guest hunting license number must be logged in the
- Non-family member hunting guests will be permitted the Month of December.. Hunting guests are limited to one non-family member per day. A non-family member guest can only hunt a maximum of 5 times. Paying member’s parents, brother or sister and grown children are limited to 15 times per
- Club members may check out an additional one area for paid guest or dependents for hunting only. No
- Guest must be accompanied by club member to and from hunting
- Paying guest will only be able to harvest bucks with forked horns. No Does allowed
Guest hunts are considered a paid hunt and do not count against a memberships 5 deer.
GENERAL HUNTING PROVISIONS:
- Hunting is allowed 7 days a
- If you are late getting to the club, go to the sign out board and try to choose an area that will least likely to disturb hunters already in
- ANY MEMBER FOUND BAITING WILL BE EXPELLED FROM
- All deer harvested must be weighed, numbered and logged in on the data harvest sheet with all information completely filled out before leaving the
- Predator hunting involving the use of a call is not permitted during the deer season.
- Duck hunting allowed from December 1st thru December 31st
- A member may go to a maximum of (3) plots per day or (4) plots per day if the member has a guest (i.e. anyone hunting with you, but not hunting the same stand or plot). A member may have (1) plot from 4:00am to 10:00am, (1) plot between 10:00am and 2:00pm and (1) plot from 2:00pm until dark. PAYING MEMBERS ONLY may scout or place stands between the hours of 10:00am and 2:00pm. Be sure to use courtesy when changing areas and do not to disturb other
- After December 31st, a member will only be able to sign out 2 plots per day. One from 4am to 10am and the other from 10am until dark.
- Unholstered firearms must be unloaded, secured and out of sight around all camp sites, sign out board and community
- Any questions concerning club rules should be brought to a Board Member, or can be deposited in the Suggestion Box in the Sign-In
- Anything not covered under these rules will be up to the deliberation of the Board
- All members and guest must sign a legal release form before using club property.
- All personal stands must have FIRST AND LAST names on them and must be easily read from road or woods; visible and No hunting any stands that do not belong to you without prior permission from owner.
- Youth hunters will be required to take a test before “Youth Hunt”. Test will be given by a Board Member or appointed member. Youth must be able to shoot a 10 inch pie plate at 100 yards with one shot. Please have youth practice first.
- No one will be allowed to sign out a hunting location before 4:00am on the day of the hunt. Sign out time for turkey season will be 3:00am.
- Members hunting food plots and stands must sign in the closest plot to the area they are hunting and must sign the plot back in at the end of the
- Members must leave the area that you signed out LEGIBLE in the sign-in book, or you will be subject to a $25.00 fine. When removing previous plot number only 1 line through number. If a plot is signed out and not gone to, it must be noted by circling the number and writing DNG. (Did Not Go)
- Any member may sign out (3) food plots together in the SAME area to form a large turkey hunting area during turkey season or may have (4) total if member has a guest. Scouting time or general recreation during turkey season will start at 12:00pm. NO casual or joy riding will be permitted on Perdido & Styx Loop roads until May 1st. Please be courteous to the turkey hunters as these roads are typically turkey hot
- The planting for summer plots can begin May 1st of each year. Salt and mineral blocks will be allowed from May 1st through Oct 1st and must be placed in the outer perimeter of food plots only. No salt and/or mineral blocks shall be placed in woods or near private stands.
- In addition to summer food plots, feeding will be allowed from May 1st through Oct 1st, with the exception of club feeders. Contents of feeders will be removed two-weeks prior to hunting season. Feeder and corn donations will be accepted.
- During hunting hours (morning and evening) you must be only in the area you have signed
- There will be a $100.00 fine if a hunter walks in on another hunter’s
- There will be a $100.00 fine if anyone enters a plot without signing it out.
DEER HARVEST RULES:
- A membership includes 5 deer total. One Doe 60 lbs or better and one Cull Buck of your choice. No one member can kill more than 3 bucks. Two of the 3 must have at least 2 on one side 1inch or better, brow tines count and 1 of the 3 must have at least 4 on one side 1inch or better. One of the 3 can be the cull buck you choose to harvest within the 5 deer per membership limit.
- For the purpose of determination of a legal buck, tine measurement will follow state rules and the measurement will be from the base of the main beam to the tip. A tine must measure at least one inch to be
- One doe per membership and one doe per plot. Any doe harvest in the woods or on the road will be assigned to the plot signed out. No antler-less deer will be harvested after December 31st.
DEER FINE SCHEDULE:
- Bucks harvested 60lbs. or more with no visible antlers above the hairline will not result in a fine and are considered antler-less deer, but will count against members 1 Doe.
- ANY & ALL illegal deer harvested will result in a $150.00 fine for each offense and will be brought before the board.
- All fines assessed by the club must be paid to an officer of the club, before the member can hunt again. Failure to pay fine before hunting will result in expulsion. If a payable guest shoots a deer subject to a fine, the sponsoring member of the guest will not be able to hunt until fine is paid in full.